Program Leaders: X. F. Steven Zheng, PhD and Stephen K. Burley, MD, DPhil
The overarching goal of the Cancer Pharmacology (CP) Program is discovery and development of more effective cancer treatments through pharmacology-based preclinical research and technical innovation.
- To understand the biology of key molecular targets in cancer that drive cell growth, proliferation, and survival so that they can be effectively exploited for cancer therapy.
- To determine the modes of action and mechanisms of resistance to anticancer agents.
- To discover and develop novel therapeutics and drug delivery technologies for more effective cancer treatment.
Collaborating Research Programs:
- Cancer Metabolism and Immunology
- Genomic Instability and Cancer Genetics
- Clinical Investigations and Precision Therapeutics
- Cancer Prevention and Control
- CALENDAR: Program Meetings, Lectures and other events for Research Members
- Cancer Pharmacology Selected Program-Related Publications