Please be aware of our current guidelines before visiting Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey locations.
As of May 2, 2023, masking will be optional at Rutgers Cancer Institute’s main 195 Little Albany Street location for adult and pediatric patients, visitors, staff, and providers. Please note the following:
- Masking may still be required for certain patients on standard infection prevention protocols and/or on certain units (**see East Tower location information below).
- Masks will continue to be available to patients, visitors, staff and providers in our facilities.
- Patients exhibiting respiratory symptoms will be requested to wear a mask, if tolerated.
- Should a patient request their caregivers wear a mask, staff and providers are expected to comply.
**At Rutgers Cancer Institute’s East Tower location, masks are required in front/main elevators, waiting room, clinics, and treatment area.
- Adult patients may bring one visitor over the age of 18.
- Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians for initial patient visits only (no siblings). Pediatric patients must be accompanied by one parent or guardian only (no siblings) for all follow-up visits.
- Pediatric patients are asked to go directly to the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology clinic on the second floor for blood work and to register.
- No visitors under 18 years of age will be permitted.
As of May 2, 2023