Nur Zeinomar, PhD, MPH recently joined Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey as an Instructor of Medicine in the Section of Cancer Epidemiology and Health Outcomes. Dr. Zeinomar comes to us from Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health; New York, NY where she was a TL1 post-doctoral fellow focused on precision medicine at the Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (CTSA) and NCI-funded T32 a Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in Molecular and Cancer Epidemiology. The overarching aim of her research is to translate epidemiologic findings into clinical care through more accurate risk assessment and to optimize risk-reducing strategies for outcomes after a cancer diagnosis. Specifically, she is interested in understanding the role of genetics, the environment, lifestyle factors, and their interplay on breast cancer etiology and prognosis.
- Zeinomar N, Knight JA, Genkinger JM, Phillips KA, Daly MB, Milne RL, Dite GS, Liao Y, Kehm RD, Knight JA, Southey MC, Chung WK, McLachlan SA, Friedlander ML, Weideman PC, Glendon G, Nesci S, kConFab Investigators, Andrulis IL, Buys SS, John EM, Hopper JL, Terry MB. Alcohol Consumption, Cigarette Smoking, and Risk of Breast Cancer in a Prospective Family Study Cohort (ProF-SC) Breast Cancer Res. 2019 Nov 28;21(1):128. doi: 10.1186/s13058-019-1213-1
- Zeinomar N, Phillips KA, Daly MB, Milne RL, Dite GS, Liao Y, Kehm RD, Knight JA, Southey MC, Chung WK, McLachlan SA, Friedlander ML, Weideman PC, Glendon G, Nesci S, kConFab Investigators, Andrulis IL, Buys SS, John EM, Hopper JL, Terry MB. Benign Breast Disease Increases Breast Cancer Risk Independent of Underlying Familial Risk Profile: Findings from a Prospective Family Study Cohort (ProF-SC). Int J Cancer. 2019 Jul 15;145(2):370-379. doi: 10.1002/ijc.32112.
- Terry MB, Liao Y, Whittemore AS, Leoce N, Buchsbaum R, Zeinomar N, Dite GS, Chung WK, Knight JA, Southey MC, Milne RL, Goldgar D, Giles GG, McLachlan SA, Friedlander ML, Weideman PC, Glendon G, Nesci S, kConFab Investigators, Andrulis IL, John EM, Phillips KA, Daly MB, Buys SS, Hopper JL, MacInnis RJ. 10-year performance of four models of breast cancer risk: a validation study. Lancet Oncol. 2019 Apr; 20(4):504-517. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(18)30902-1.
- Zeinomar N, Oskar S, Kehm RD, Sahebzeda S, Terry MB. Environmental exposures and breast cancer risk in the context of underlying susceptibility: A systematic review of the epidemiological literature. Environmental Research, Volume 187, August 2020, 109346.
- Terry MB, Daly MB, Phillips KA, Ma X, Zeinomar N, Leoce N, Dite GS, MacInnis RJ, Chung WK, Knight JA Southey MC, Milne RL, Goldgar D, Giles GG, Weideman PC, Glendon G, kConFab Investigators, Buchsbaum R, Andrulis IL, John EM, Buys SS, Hopper JL. Risk-Reducing Oophorectomy and Breast Cancer Risk Across the Spectrum of Familial Risk. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019 Mar 1;111(3):331-334. doi: 10.1093/jnci/djy182.
- Hopper JL, Dite GS, MacInnis RJ, Liao Y, Zeinomar N, Knight JA, Southey MC, Milne RL, Chung WK, Giles GG, Genkinger JM, McLachlan SA, Friedlander ML, Antoniou AC, Weideman PC, Glendon G, Nesci S, Andrulis IL, Buys SS, Daly MB, John EM, Phillips KA, Terry MB. Age-specific breast cancer risk by body mass index and familial risk: prospective family study cohort (ProF-SC). Breast Cancer Res. 2018 Nov 3;20(1):132. doi: 10.1186/s13058-018-1056-1.
- Bellanger M, Zeinomar N, Tehranifar P, Terry MB. Are global breast cancer incidence and mortality patterns related to country-specific economic development and prevention strategies? J Glob Oncol. 2018 Jul;4:1-16. doi: 10.1200/JGO.17.00207.
- Zeinomar N, Thai A, Cloud AJ, McDonald JA, Liao Y, Terry MB. Alcohol consumption and breast cancer-specific and all-cause mortality in women diagnosed with breast cancer at the New York site of the Breast Cancer Family Registry. PloS one. 2017 Dec 15;12(12):e0189118. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0189118.
- Zeinomar N, Moslehi R. The Effectiveness of a Community-Based Breast Cancer Education Intervention in the New York State Capital Region. J Cancer Educ. 2013 Sep;28(3):466-73. doi: 10.1007/s13187-013-0488-7.