Return to member profile
Steven J. Brill, PhD
- Chen, C-F. and Brill, S.J. (2014). Multimerization domains are associated with apparent strand exchange activity in BLM and WRN DNA helicases. DNA Repair, In press.
- Glineburg, M.R., Chavez, A., Agrawal, V., Brill, S.J., and Johnson, F.B. (2013). Resolution by unassisted Top3 points to template switch recombination intermediates during DNA replication. J. Biol. Chem. 288, 33193-33204.
- Mullen, J. R., Das, M., and Brill, S.J. (2011). Genetic evidence that poly-sumoylation bypasses the need for a SUMO-targeted Ub ligase. Genetics 187, 73-87.
- Chen, C-F. and Brill, S.J. (2010). An essential DNA strand exchange activity is conserved in the divergent N-termini of BLM orthologs. EMBO J. 29, 1713-25.
- Mullen, J. R. and Brill, S.J. (2008). Activation of the Slx5-Slx8 Ub ligase by poly-SUMO conjugates. J. Biol. Chem. 283, 19912-19921.
- Chen, C-F., and Brill, S.J. (2007). Binding and activation of DNA topoisomerase III by the Rmi1 subunit. J. Biol. Chem. 282, 28971-28979.
- Mullen, J.R., Nallaseth, F. S., Lan, Y. Q., Slagle, C. E., and Brill, S.J. (2005). Yeast Rmi1/Nce4 controls genome stability as a subunit of the Sgs1-Top3 complex. Mol. Cell. Biol. 25, 4476-4487.
- Hollingsworth, N. M. and Brill, S. J. (2004). The Mus81 solution to resolution: Generating meiotic crossovers without Holliday junctions. Genes Dev. 18, 117-125.
- Bastin-Shanower, S.A., Fricke, W.M., Mullen, J.R., and Brill, S.J. (2003). The mechanism of Mus81-Mms4 cleavage-site selection distinguishes it from the homologous endonuclease Rad1-Rad10. Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 3487-3496.
- Fricke, W.M. and Brill, S.J. (2003). Slx1-Slx4 is a second structure-specific endonuclease that functionally overlaps with Sgs1-Top3. Genes Dev. 17, 1768-1778.
- Kaliraman, V., Mullen, J. R., Fricke, W. M., Bastin-Shanower, S.A., and Brill, S.J. (2001). Functional overlap between Sgs1-Top3 and the Mms4-Mus81 endonuclease. Genes Dev. 15, 2730-2740.
- Fricke, W. M., Kaliraman, V., and Brill, S.J. (2001). Mapping of the DNA topoisomerase III binding domain of the Sgs1 DNA helicase J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8848 - 8855.
- Kim, H.S. and Brill, S.J. (2001). Rfc4 Interacts with Rpa1 and is required for both DNA replication and DNA damage checkpoints in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol. Cell Biol. 21, 3725-3737.
- Bastin-Shanower, S.A. and Brill, S.J. (2001). Functional analysis of the four DNA binding domains of Replication Protein A: the role of RPA2 in ssDNA binding. J. Biol. Chem. 276, 36446-36453.
- Mullen, J. R., Kaliraman, V., Ibrahim, S. S., and Brill, S.J. (2001). Requirement for three novel protein complexes in the absence of the Sgs1 DNA helicase. Genetics, 157, 103-118.