The Resource Room
Information is available on topics such as prevention, diagnosis, treatment, symptom management, end-of-life care, nutrition, clinical trials, support, caregiving, alternative and complementary therapies, and family care issues.
Internet access is available for health research and information and the RLC provides information about cancer services offered at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
The RLC Collection Includes:
- Computers with access to online resources and credible websites
- Interactive computer programs and CD-ROMs on specific types of cancers
- CancerHelp™, a touch screen computer program linked to the National Cancer Institute
- Health education videos, DVDs, and audiotapes
- Medical reference books
- Consumer health books, magazines, and newsletters
- Children's books
- Information on emotional health and well being
- News files with recent cancer information
- Spanish language material