Return to member profile
Karen A. Schindler, PhD
- Balboula AZ, and Schindler K. 2014. Selective Disruption of Aurora C Kinase Reveals Distinct Functions From Aurora B Kinase During Meiosis in Mouse Oocytes. PLoS Genetics 10 (2):e:1004194. *Featured in research highlight in Biology of Reproduction: Schubert C. 2014. Much Ado about Meiosis. Biol Repro.
- Balboula AZ, Stein P, Schultz RM and Schindler K. 2014. Knockdown of RBBP7 unveils a requirement of histone deacetylation for CPC function in mouse oocytes. Cell Cycle. 13 (4): 600-11. * Featured in News and Views in Cell Cycle: De La Fuente R. 2014. Histone deacetylation: Establishing a meiotic histone code. Cell Cycle. 13 (6): 879-80.
- Oh JS, Susor A, Schindler K, Schultz RM, Conti M. 2013. Cdc25A activity is required for the metaphase II arrest in mouse oocytes. Journal of Cell Science. Epub Jan 23.
- Schindler K, Davydenko O, Fram B, Lampson MA, Schultz RM. 2012. Maternally-recruited Aurora C kinase is more stable than Aurora B to support mouse oocyte maturation and early development. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. Epub: 1120517109v1-201120517.* Cover art issue 8/14/12
- Stein P and Schindler K. Mouse oocyte microinjection, maturation and ploidy assessment. 2011. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 53: pii 2851.
- Chiang T, Duncan FE, Schindler K, Schultz RM, Lampson MA. 2010. Weakened centromere cohesion is the primary cause of age-related aneuploidy in oocytes. Current Biology. 20:1522-8.
- Buffone MG,* Schindler K,* and Schultz RM. 2009. Over-expression of CDC14B causes mitotic arrest and inhibits zygotic genome activation in mouse preimplantation embryos. Cell Cycle. 8: 3904-3914. * equal contribution
- Shuda K,* Schindler K,* Ma J, Schultz RM, and Donovan PJ. 2009. Aurora Kinase B modulates chromosome alignment in mouse oocytes. Molecular Reproduction and Development. 76: 1094-105. * equal contribution
- Schindler K, and Schultz RM. 2009. The CDC14A phosphatase regulates oocyte maturation in mouse. Cell Cycle. 8: 1-9.
- Schindler K, and Schultz RM. 2009. CDC14B acts through FZR1 (CDH1) to prevent meiotic maturation of mouse oocytes. Biology of Reproduction. 80: 795-803.