Physicians at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey Named Among ‘Top Docs’ in Nation
New Brunswick, N.J. – Several physicians at The Cancer Institute of New Jersey (CINJ), who are faculty members at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, have been named as a ‘Top Doctor’ by U.S. News & World Report. CINJ is the state’s only Comprehensive Cancer Center as designated by the National Cancer Institute and a Center of Excellence of UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Each year, U.S. News & World Report releases a list of the nation's top physicians in conjunction with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., which publishes America's Top Doctors. Based on peer nominations, attributes such as clinical skills, training, achievements and other criteria are reviewed and assessed by a physician-led research team. The listing represents nearly 31,000 of the nation's 800,000 physicians.
CINJ physicians on this year's list are:
- Joseph Aisner, MD, Associate Director, Clinical Science; specialty: lung cancer
- David A. August, MD, Chief, Surgical Oncology; specialty: gastrointestinal malignancies
- Robert S. DiPaola, MD, Director, CINJ; specialty: prostate cancer
- Richard Drachtman, MD, Interim Chief, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology; specialty: sickle-cell disease and childhood cancers
- James S. Goydos, MD, Director, Melanoma and Soft Tissue Oncology Program; specialty: melanoma and skin cancer
- Bruce G. Haffty, MD, Chair, Radiation Oncology; specialty: breast cancer
- Thomas Kearney, MD, FACS, Director, Breast Care Services; specialty: breast cancer
- Lorna Rodriguez, MD, PhD, Director, Precision Medicine; specialty: gynecologic cancers
- Roger Strair, MD, PhD, Chief, Hematologic Malignancies/Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation; specialty: leukemia and lymphoma
- Deborah L. Toppmeyer, MD, Chief Medical Officer; specialty: breast cancer
- Robert E. Weiss, MD, urologic oncologist; specialty: urologic cancers
"Serving as New Jersey's only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, CINJ carries a tremendous responsibility in providing the latest novel treatments to patients through cutting-edge research. We are honored that our peers across the nation recognize dedicated CINJ physicians who by collaborating with a larger team of nationally known researchers and clinicians work toward eradicating cancer," said CINJ Director Robert S. DiPaola, MD, who is also the associate dean for oncology programs at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
A full listing of ‘Top Doctors’ can be found at: http://health.usnews.com/top-doctors. Full profiles of CINJ doctors named to the list can also be found at http://www.cinj.org/physician-profile/search.
About The Cancer Institute of New Jersey
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey (www.cinj.org) is the state's first and only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center dedicated to improving the detection, treatment and care of patients with cancer, and serving as an education resource for cancer prevention. CINJ’s physician-scientists engage in translational research, transforming their laboratory discoveries into clinical practice, quite literally bringing research to life. To make a tax-deductible gift to support CINJ, call 732-235-8614 or visit www.cinjfoundation.org. CINJ is a Center of Excellence of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheCINJ.
The CINJ Network is comprised of hospitals throughout the state and provides the highest quality cancer care and rapid dissemination of important discoveries into the community. Flagship Hospital: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. System Partner: Meridian Health (Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center, Southern Ocean Medical Center, and Bayshore Community Hospital). Major Clinical Research Affiliate Hospitals: Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Morristown Medical Center, Carol G. Simon Cancer Center at Overlook Medical Center, and Cooper University Hospital. Affiliate Hospitals: CentraState Healthcare System, JFK Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton (CINJ Hamilton), Somerset Medical Center, The University Hospital/UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School*, and University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro. *Academic Affiliate