Somerset Medical Center
30 Rehill Ave.
Somerville, NJ 08876
The Steeplechase Cancer Center at Somerset Medical Center enables Central New Jersey cancer patients to see their doctors, undergo outpatient treatment and participate in promising cancer research studies – all in one place close to home. The three-story, 63,000-square-foot facility, which opened in 2007, houses radiation therapy services, infusion therapy, breast imaging services, the medical center’s research team, oncologists’ and surgeons’ offices, complementary medicine services, nutritional counseling, patient navigator services, a patient resource library and the Sanofi-aventis Wellness Boutique.
The center is distinguished as:
- A Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer
- Home to the Sanofi-aventis U.S. Breast Care Program, one of six in New Jersey to achieve full accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers. It has also been named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- One of the first in New Jersey to offer the state-of-the-art RapidArc radiation treatment for cancer.
- Offering a Tobacco Quitcenter to help smokers successfully quit.
- Opening a one-of-a-kind wellness boutique offering cancer patients a wide array of image recovery items, including wigs, prosthetics, skin care products and lingerie.
The Steeplechase Cancer Center takes a team approach to care, bringing together health care professionals from a variety of specialties to establish screening and treatment guidelines to ensure an integrated plan of care. These teams – the Sanofi-aventis U.S. Breast Cancer Institute, the Colon and Rectal Cancer Institute, the Prostate Cancer Institute and the Lung Cancer Institute – focus on care for four of the most common types of cancer treated at the center. Studies have shown that this type of team approach helps expedite patient care and reduce mortality rates.
The Steeplechase Cancer Center was named in honor of the Far Hills Race Meeting, one of the most prestigious steeplechase horse races in the country that is held each October at Moorland Farms, which has donated more than $17 million to the medical center through Somerset Medical Center Foundation over the past five decades.
For more information about The Steeplechase Cancer Center, visit www.steeplechasecancercenter.com.