I am a urologic surgeon with expertise in the management of genitourinary malignancies and a special interest in using robotic and minimally invasive surgery to treat cancers of the prostate, kidney, bladder and adrenal glands. My goal is to educate and empower my patients so that they can choose the best treatment option available, whether it is surgery, active surveillance, radiation, systemic therapy, or a clinical trial. To that end, I work closely with my Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology colleagues in order to offer patients an effective, individualized, and comprehensive cancer treatment plan that minimizes side effects and maximizes quality-of-life.
I joined the faculty of the Cancer Institute of New Jersey in 2012 after completing a clinical and research fellowship in the Urologic Oncology Branch of the National Cancer Institute (NCI). I received my medical degree (MD) with Honors in Research from Georgetown University along with a master’s degree (MA) in bioethics. I performed my general surgery and urologic surgery training at the University of Rochester Medical Center where I also did a fellowship in clinical ethics. As a native of New Jersey, it is an honor to join our state’s only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center.
At the Cancer Institute, I am a member of the Prostate Cancer Program and the Clinical Investigations Program. My research is focused on the development of new treatments for patients with genitourinary malignancies through clinical trials. I am involved with both cooperative group and investigator-initiated trials. At the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, I am an Assistant Professor of Surgery within the Division of Urology.
I have authored or co-authored more than three-dozen publications and have been invited to present my work at local, regional, national, and international meetings. I serve as a reviewer for multiple journals including the Journal of Urology, Urologic Oncology, Prostate Cancer, Journal of Oncology Practice, and the Journal of Hospital Ethics.
My professional memberships include the American Urological Association, Society of Urologic Oncology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American College of Surgeons, Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group, and the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities.
I look forward to helping you or your loved one through this challenging time. Please review the information below to learn more about me, our Urologic Oncology team, and the cutting-edge work being done at the Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
- Robotic surgery
- Prostate cancer: nerve-sparing prostatectomy, surgery for high-risk disease, salvage surgery after radiation failure, active surveillance for low-risk disease
- Kidney cancer: robotic partial nephrectomy, surgery for bilateral or multifocal tumors, surgery for kidney cancer recurrence, cytoreductive nephrectomy for advanced kidney cancer
- Bladder cancer: robotic cystectomy
- Adrenal cancer: robotic partial or total adrenalectomy
- Clinical trials
- Certificate in Clinical Research with Commendation, National Institutes of Health, 2012
- Resident Achievement Award, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, 2009
- Academy of Medicine Library Award for Ethics, Rochester Academy of Medicine, 2008
- Gerald P. Murphy Scholar, American Urological Association, 2007
- Academy of Medicine Library Award for Ethics, Rochester Academy of Medicine, 2005
- William C. Maxted Award for Outstanding Performance in Urology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2003
To schedule a new patient appointment call 732-235-8515.
For all other inquiries call 732-235-2465.